Saturday 8 March 2014

I'm Engaged!

This post is wayyyy over due. But I'm in the mood to do some updating as there are big things ahead!

I'll start from the beginning....

There was this boy.
We became best friends.
One night we realised how much more we meant to each other.
We fell madly in love.

On February 14th (yes Valentines Day) 2014 he asked me to marry him...

It all started that morning when I was given a little origami heart with a clue written on it. There were many more to come. First I was sent to Ella Bache (a fancy spa) where I was pampered for 4 hours indulging in a full body scrub, massage, manicure (yes!), and pedicure. When I arrived back home my favourite yellow dress was laid out and the next clue was to get ready like a princess. There was a knock on the door and much to my surprise I discovered a man waiting with a stretch white limo behind him. There was champagne and a rose inside. I arrived at the Sofitel Hotel and was greeted by the General Manager who gave me my final heart along with a hotel key card. I opened the door to see a room full of rose petals, candles, fairy lights, and my love standing there in a suit. He said his sweet speech, "I've loved you since the first night we spent together. You are my rock. You've seen me at my highest and my lowest and you're still around. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, and I want to start that now". Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, "(full name), will you marry me?". I said "Yes!" (through tears of happiness). 
There was a photographer there to secretly capture the special moment, and we ended the night with our own private server in the room for dinner to celebrate. It was more than I ever dreamed of and we could not be happier. We are tying the knot in July 2015.

Here are my precious clues that he hand made. (in order left to right)





Watch this space for my Bride-to-be adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment